Provides local hosts file management from within IIS 7, including bulk editing.
Hosts File Manager allows local host entries (in %windir%\system32\drivers\etc) to be edited from within IIS Manager. In addition to providing a GUI, IIS Manager can also provide integration into individual websites on the local machine. IIS Manager is also auto-elevated in Windows 7, making the process even smoother.
- Does not modify the formatting of existing entries (even when modified)
- Supports enabling/disabling entries (commenting them out)
- Integration into IIS 7(.5)
- Inherit's IIS 7 auto-elevation in Windows 7
Warning: The installer for Release 1 does not check for IIS7 but will not fail if it is not foundWarning: Do not install Release 1 x86 on Windows Vista/7 x64. The installation will fail, but appear to be successful. Uninstall and download the correct version
- Initial release with installer
- Supports create/edit/delete and enable/disable
- Address field is automatically populated with local IP addresses
- Local connections only
- Host entry groupings (including by site)
- Host entry re-ordering
- Clean up options (remove disabled, remove unused)